Employee Wellbeing Programme
Energy Management and Industrial Automation
UAE & Global
The world is changing! In a global and digital world, we are faced with an accelerating pace of change and delivery of performance and we must reconcile the reality of constant connection, the need for faster response and decision-making with the imperative to create an environment where the well-being of our people is our #1 priority. At Schneider Electric we…
The world is changing! In a global and digital world, we are faced with an accelerating pace of change and delivery of performance and we must reconcile the reality of constant connection, the need for faster response and decision-making with the imperative to create an environment where the well-being of our people is our #1 priority.
At Schneider Electric we strongly believe our people’s wellbeing creates performance and performance generates wellbeing. As we have a firm understanding of the absolute importance of having healthy and happy employees, we placed the employee wellbeing project at the heart of our people strategy and took up the challenge to improve health and wellness amongst the whole organization in 2015! Employee Wellbeing is our strategic priority of 2020 and as we don’t place any limits on our ambitions, we strive to continue to be the employer of healthy and happy employees.
As the global specialist in energy management and automation, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our technologies ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. At our core, we believe that energy is the base of life. Here is a question for us to ponder for a minute: What is life…
Here are some of the examples of our achievements that we are proud of:
- Flexible Working: In October 2018, we implemented 6 Flexibility at Work principles that allow all our employees to work remotely, enjoy flexible start and end hours of their day, utilize 2 additional floating days off over and above 24 days of vacation leave, benefit from a flexible dress code and allow for 20 paid working hours dedicated to volunteering work. Extremely positive feedback received by employees feeling most engaged, happy and included.
- Women Empowerment: To encourage new mothers to return to work, we have created a fully equipped Nursing Room that is dedicated to pump milk any time throughout the day. All our female employees upon their return from maternity leave receive an additional compensation of 1,500 AED a month up until their child reaches 2 years. The impact and feedback was very positive.
- Free Up Our Energy: In 2019, in alignment with the “Free Up Our Energy” leadership expectation and sponsored by our Chief Human Resources Officer – Olivier Blum, we are launching the New Ways of Working project for all our employees. The project encourages all our leaders to be ambassadors of this initiative and to empower their teams to find smarter and more effective ways to work, to create a safe space for their employees.
- MINDFULNESS at Work: To improve the health, mental and emotional wellbeing of our employees and support the high-performance culture of Schneider Electric, we have partnered with Kalapa Leadership Academy and promote Mindfulness @ Work. All our employees have access to free mindfulness practice video sessions through our internal sharing platform, Spice Portal, on different topics such as: positive parenting, the upside of stress, preventing burn out, learning optimism, and so on. We have recently celebrated Global Mental Health day in our offices to raise the awareness on mental health! We invited health professional to speak about stress management and burn out prevention.
- Workplace of the Future: In alignment with the Workplace of the Future Global Plicy and our ambition and objective to provide our employees with a safe and attractive work environment where they will feel at their best, unleash their creativity and potential and make the most of their energy, we have moved to a spacious new facility in Dubai Silicon Oasis where we have placed all our employees on the same floor. This has significantly increased the collaboration and engagement of our workers as well as providing more space. We invited designers and worked closely with our facilities management to ensure the design of the office was inclusive, smart, attractive, safe and energizing for our employees.
The initiatives we have been taking and committing to have strongly contributed to a higher level of engagement, the creation of an inclusive environment, an increased sense of belonging and psychological safety of our employees.
Wellbeing is a collective adventure and journey for us. We co-designed this program with ALL employees in a bottom-up approach. In 2015, there were more than 200 volunteers involved in the project team to CO-design the 5 pillars of this program: Health & Wellness, Flexibility at Work, Leadership, Organizational Culture and Workspace. We use a holistic view of Wellbeing with…
We partner with the third-party vendor, next-generation consultancy firm The Energy Project which integrates physiology, neurochemistry and psychology to address most critical human performance challenges. We trained and certified more than 1,500 internal trainers to deliver wellbeing training to all employees and our top 2,000 leaders were trained to promote, support and be role models of this initiative.
Employee wellness and health is not just another project for us. It is a global pain point for everyone and a strategic priority of 2020 for Schneider Electric. We understood that effectiveness at work and wellbeing are strongly linked. Hence, our ambition is to help individuals and teams to unleash their full potential and make the most of their energy. Our vision and mission is to reinforce the agility of our teams to better cope with permanent changes. We want to ensure that our teams are not afraid of stress because they are trained and coached to face it and feel safe and happy in our organization.
Shift of mindset from old ways of working to new / smart ways of working. Large organizations – launch of initiatives sometimes take longer to go through all the layers of the organization and align with the processes Budget – do not rely on obtaining budgets, think outside the box and be creative on what initiatives can be budget effective…
Shift of mindset from old ways of working to new / smart ways of working.
Large organizations – launch of initiatives sometimes take longer to go through all the layers of the organization and align with the processes
Budget – do not rely on obtaining budgets, think outside the box and be creative on what initiatives can be budget effective (e.g. employee who is a certified yoga instructor can deliver yoga and mindfulness sessions free of charge to the employees, etc)
We are proud to see that our investment has paid off both, internally and externally. We are happy to share that 69% of Schneider Electric employees (versus 59% of the external market average) believe that the organization actively looks after the wellbeing of its employees, providing them with a safe and happy work environment. Our ambition is to reach 72%…
Contacts and links:
HR Business Partner, Gulf Countries
Employee Wellbeing Champion, Middle East
|D +971 4 709 96 00 x1615|
M +971 56 216 2238
F +971 4 709 96 50